Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Firstly I am new here to this site.馃槉

I am from the UK and have a 2007 Jeep Commander 3.0 V6 CRD. I would like to install an aftermarket exhaust to achieve a slightly more aggressive sound but not too loud that it becomes obnoxious when on the motorway at high speed.

I am interested in the Magnaflow exhausts but have no idea where to begin nor do I have mechanical knowledge with this kind of thing so please bear that in mind. I am a complete newbie to this and so I don't fully understand all the jargon nor what part(s) I should be looking at.

In short, I would like to know what you guys think on whether a Magnaflow exhaust/muffler will be compatible with my Jeep and will it achieve a decent sound, along with any pointers and links for me to purchase. I will likely have a mechanic for the installation.

Thank you

Reactions: CP07

Administrator
Hello all,

Firstly I am new here to this site.馃槉

I am from the UK and have a 2007 Jeep Commander 3.0 V6 CRD. I would like to install an aftermarket exhaust to achieve a slightly more aggressive sound but not too loud that it becomes obnoxious when on the motorway at high speed.

I am interested in the Magnaflow exhausts but have no idea where to begin nor do I have mechanical knowledge with this kind of thing so please bear that in mind. I am a complete newbie to this and so I don't fully understand all the jargon nor what part(s) I should be looking at.

In short, I would like to know what you guys think on whether a Magnaflow exhaust/muffler will be compatible with my Jeep and will it achieve a decent sound, along with any pointers and links for me to purchase. I will likely have a mechanic for the installation.

Thank you
@matt250 ;

Welcome to the forum;

Please read the 1st post of the New Member Required Reading thread below & complete your user profile signature as directed before you start posting any questions;

Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

This is a forum requirement and it will help us, help you.

If you need help with this task, ask.

Currently, I need to know if your XH is 2WD or 4WD; If it's 4WD which 4WD system do you have?

Also need to know your current mileage.

Thank you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done. For my question, any information to offer? Thanks

Registered
Dallas TX
I think your going to have to see if you can find the "tone" you are looking for on youtube and go from there. Not many CRD's stateside.

Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2

Registered
not many UK based Commander owners about, but recently ive seen 3 near me!! cant be the same one... ones black and one is actually silver. (mine makes 3)

Super Moderator
@CP07 We changed our forum a couple years ago and now we would like everyone to make a signature
with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

Reactions: CP07

Registered
@CP07 We changed our forum a couple years ago and now we would like everyone to make a signature
with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.
Im not trying to avoid it, but when i go on my profile page it looks like its still there? 3.0CRD, QDii, based in Lancashire UK.

Super Moderator
I do not know where you put that but was not in "Signature" so I made one for you. Jolly good of me :giggle:

Administrator
I do not know where you put that but was not in "Signature" so I made one for you. Jolly good of me :giggle:
@rblapham ; It was on his profile page;

I've also noticed that quite a few new members are entering the information under the personal details tab of their profile, where they can answer all of their Commander Specific questions - which is what they should be doing.

If you click on a user's profile and then click on the "About " Tab, you'll see where they answered all of their Commander specific user profile questions.

The problem is, that most users think that once they answer those user profile questions, those answers will show up as their profile signature when they post - but they do not.

Adding the user profile signature is an extra step and they're either not reading the New Member Required Reading that explains to them how to do it - or, they're trying to do it from a Smart Phone, which can be difficult.

Usually, I'll check new users profiles as I come across them & as long as they've answered their Commander related user profile questions, I'll go in and make the profile signature for them.

It just saves me some aggravation that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts