Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2006 jeep commander 70,000 miles at a dealer. Test drove and looked at tonight.
The underneath has, to me atleast, consider amount of rust and there must be an oil leak somewhere because the oil pan and surrounding area has heavy build of oil. They are going to put it through their inspection process to see what is the cause of the oil.
I tried to attach a couple of pictures but only letting me attach one. I took some pics of the rust underneath.

I do have a family so the seven seater is nice. I currently have a mini van but wife needs a 4x4.
I don't like how this is in 4 wheel all the time though.
Idk. Not sure if I should jump on it or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well to start off, I'm sure everyone here only has great things to say about commanders. So nothing but encouragement if you plan on getting one. This past weekend I was under my jeep and noticed quite a bit of rust. I think it comes with the territory of living in the north with all the salt in the winter. What I'm not sure is is exact how bad it is or how easy it is to clean up. I think most cars are going to have rust underneath regardless. Definitely make the dealership fix any oil problems if you decide to purchase it. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all of it has some rust on it. the rails or whatever they are called the run around the edges underneath are rusty and brittle.
I am supposed to look at another 2006 on monday but that one has 85k miles on it for 10500 so IDK. that's alot of miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, another question for you all....
This jeep I looked at says it is 4x4, but there is no button and book says it is all time 4wd. doesn't that make it an AWD ? Confused on that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well dealer just called and said the oil leak I saw is worse than expected. They are not retailing it. Oh well. Luckily I saw it I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts