Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whatsup guys, Ive been creeping around these forums for quite some time, but i just made an account because I was perplexed on this issue, so i thought I would pitch it to you guys...
I realize that you need the double din dash for the in dash nav..but I cant find any for sale, or the freaking part number...and Ive searched extensively for this number for like 3 days straight haha

my truck is the 06 commander, with the upgraded sound system with the single din or whatever it is...and if you guys could be ever so kind and help me either find one on ebay(because i cant) or the part number for the whole double din dash(all the parts) that I could tell my local jeep dealer...that would be greatly appreciated and Ill send you all cookies.

thanks!

Mike

oh p.s. what would dealership cost be?

double P.s.- off topic, would an 06 cherokee multi function switch fit my truck? Im looking to put fog lights on and want them on the stalk rather than have a button.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I purchased the double DIN dash a few years ago from a Jeep dealer in the NE. I believe cost was around $110 incl. shipping. I tried looking but cannot find the exact dealer I used.

Check out a site such as justforjeeps.com for fog light stalk controls. You will need to get this flashed by the dealer as well to make it functional.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Are you going for a Jeep nav radio or after market? If after market, Crutchfield has a double din adapter. Take your dash face plate off - the whole thing - the allen bolts are real. All but 5 hold it on. You will see an outline on the back, where you need to cut it out. If you are going for a Jeep radio, then you will need to purchase the whole dash face plate. The dealer can get the part number for you. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you guys rule...thanks so much Im getting the pioneer 4200..its the 7 inch...but i have the single din right now...i don't think it will fit with the adapter will it? wont I need the whole dash bezel?...and thanks stroke ill check it out!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
you guys rule...thanks so much Im getting the pioneer 4200..its the 7 inch...but i have the single din right now...i don't think it will fit with the adapter will it? wont I need the whole dash bezel?...and thanks stroke ill check it out!
If this Pioneer is a double din, it should fit with the Crutchfield adapter. Those guys are really helpful - they can also set you up with all of the harnesses to make the installation plug and play! Good luck, and pictures when you are done. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Crutchfield Bezel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's the same radio I got and should be putting in tonight or tomorrow. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts