Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the Jeep professionally detailed today.
When they delivered it home, the message "2 doors open" wouldn't go off. I've gone around the truck like 5 times opening and closing every door. I thought that maybe they had gotten cleaner over the sensors or something. But now, when I do more inspection, the control for the exterior mirrors does nothing, my front windows won't go down with either passenger or driver control, and my unlock/lock doesn't work from inside the truck.
What controls this? What would they have done during detailing to maybe knock something loose?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I believe this is the FIRST time anyone has ever come up with this situation. I would take it the people who detailed it and tell them they need to get the problem fixed.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I would suggest leaving it for some days ,, it might be just a wet item needs to dry out.

·
Registered
809 Posts
It does sure sound like something got/is wet. I would take it back to the shop- it's their fault. Either it's just something that needs to dry out and they can give you a discount/refund for the mistake, or something needs to be replaced and they need to take car of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Leave it to me to bring up the firsts lol. Could this simply be they got some fuses wet and blown? Or would it be something more complicated?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Well, considering that part of your symptoms is the door openned warning message when the doors are closed, it would seem it is not a fuse or at least not just a fuse.

I say go back to the detailer, get them to agree to pay for the fix...in writing...then have the dealer fix it.

I wouldn't necessarily expect a detailer to know how to fix it properly.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
The door open switch's are built into the door latches.
Any combination of two (in your case since two shown open)will set the lamp as yours is.

So, two latches are not triggering their switches and as a result the Commander thinks the doors are half latched

As far as what the detail shop could have done??????? Maybe water but I doubt it....trouble is, those latches are so well protected I can't imagine anything that could cause this malfunction.

Rob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I'm still not exactly sure what happened.
But I went back to the detail place and of course they looked at me and treated me like some moronic female.
Ok, tell me how many females are on forums for their cars/trucks/guns/etc..????

Anyway, after much tongue biting and trying not to release my inner red headed Pisces, he told me to take it to my mechanic friend and have them look at it and come back with what was wrong and then they'd see about fixing it.

Took it to said mechanic. He changed about 5-6 fuses and bam everything worked.

So there ya go.
Now to get the A/C that's blowing warm air inspected and spark plugs changed and I'll be good to go for now.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Well, so much for my belief that it wasn't a fuse. Glad you're back on track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts