Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im in the process of trying to black out the interior of my 2006 jeep limited commander. im trying to find like a black marble or black wood dash kit but so far cannot find anything. does anyone know where i could find a black dash kit?

thanks

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
If you go to jeep.com, use the "for owners" tab and get to Jeep accessories. For the 2010 Commander, there is a dash kit listed as "blackwood". I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but it's worth a shot!:eek:rangehat:

·
Super Moderator
14,935 Posts
If you go to jeep.com, use the "for owners" tab and get to Jeep accessories. For the 2010 Commander, there is a dash kit listed as "blackwood". I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but it's worth a shot!:eek:rangehat:
Won't work -- 2006 and 2010 dashes are different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im actually trying to change the color of my entire dash but i dont want to paint, is it possible to buy a 2010 commander dash and put it in my car?

·
Super Moderator
14,935 Posts
well im actually trying to change the color of my entire dash but i dont want to paint, is it possible to buy a 2010 commander dash and put it in my car?
No. See my previous post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i wasnt talking about just the dash kit im talking about replacing the entire dash with a 2010 model

·
Super Moderator
14,935 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
I had been thinking about this too recently; what components change between the model year dash/consoles? Main dash (plus radio bracket/bezel), ATC bezel, and trim for the sides of the center stack? This would be quite an expensive venture just to change the color, but I'm sure it could be done.

·
Super Moderator
14,935 Posts
I had been thinking about this too recently; what components change between the model year dash/consoles? Main dash (plus radio bracket/bezel), ATC bezel, and trim for the sides of the center stack? This would be quite an expensive venture just to change the color, but I'm sure it could be done.
2008-2010 dash:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thanks for the visual. Here's what I would GUESS needs to be replaced, while everything else would still fit.

Attachments

·
Banned
277 Posts
Take a look at www.sherwooddash.com or www.bitrim.com - I've heard that both are decent kits. I looked quickly, and B&I has a couple options for black kits while Sherwood only appears to have a carbon fiber kit...

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
where is the 06-07 pic for side by side comparison?

·
Registered
809 Posts
...im trying to find like a black marble or black wood dash kit...
That kit only comes in wood grain, aluminum and carbon fiber. Not black.
They have Ebony Zebra (woodgrain), Titanium Burl (woodgrain), Synthetic Carbon Fiber (which I think looks black), and Black (gloss, piano style) listed. I have looked at samples of their materials and the synthetics look good (high-res printed then deep urethane coated), but the real woods look amazing. The only downside (besides the $400 price tag) is that it is still an applique kit; there is some added height to the dash pieces that can't look completely stock. In the end I opted not to use the kit.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Whoops, my bad. I noticed after I posted.

·
Super Moderator
14,935 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
is it possible to order just the bottom piece of the dash and the center console in the dark slate gray for the 2006 model from mopar or something?

·
Registered
809 Posts
is it possible to order just the bottom piece of the dash and the center console in the dark slate gray for the 2006 model from mopar or something?
Which parts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
everything that was the khaki color in the photo you posted

1 - 20 of 22 Posts