Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side floorboard fills with water every time it rains. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
My drivers side floorboard fills with water every time it rains. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!
Do you have a sunroof? If so, your sunroof drains may be clogged. Search "sunroof". If not, windshield or door seals. The door seals act as your rain gutter, and may not fit correctly. Good luck. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? If so, your sunroof drains may be clogged. Search "sunroof". If not, windshield or door seals. The door seals act as your rain gutter, and may not fit correctly. Good luck. :eek:rangehat:
That might explain why when I open my driverside door after a few days of not driving it water pours out. Lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine was on the passenger side, I would see water dripping on the grab handle, by the morning after a rain it was full of water... I tried the sunroof drains, not it! Tried the windshield, Not it! Tried the door seals, Not it! I finally found it.. Under the blad rubber door seal is a black plastic trim piece that has 5 allen head screws, i pulled that off to find that the seam seal between the roof and a pillar was pulled away and not sealing so the water was being trapped an entered in that spot. Since the winter hit it was too cold to redo the seam seal, i put duct tape over it, put the trim back on and it hasnt leaked all winter, just waiting for warmer temps to reseal with seam sealer...

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Mine was on the passenger side, I would see water dripping on the grab handle, by the morning after a rain it was full of water... I tried the sunroof drains, not it! Tried the windshield, Not it! Tried the door seals, Not it! I finally found it.. Under the blad rubber door seal is a black plastic trim piece that has 5 allen head screws, i pulled that off to find that the seam seal between the roof and a pillar was pulled away and not sealing so the water was being trapped an entered in that spot. Since the winter hit it was too cold to redo the seam seal, i put duct tape over it, put the trim back on and it hasnt leaked all winter, just waiting for warmer temps to reseal with seam sealer...
Please post pics of the area you are talking about to help others. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Sunroof drains clogging and windshield leaks are the most common source of water, at least from what I gather from reading posts about it on the forum.

More than one posts has shown wet floorboards were really the result of leaks in the already mentioned areas, running down the side of the interior of the vehicle, under the interior trim covers and collecting in the carpet.

So, if the only sign of a leak is water collecting on the floor, you can find the leak, give due consideration its one of the more common leaks, you just can't see the water running down the inside of the vehicle from its source.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts