Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to purchase Kenwood in-dash Navigation system to replace my factory 6-disk CD stereo (no navigation) on my commander 06.

If there is someone who knows what else I should get to make it happen, please helm me. I would also appreciate if you could share some pictures if you have already done.

Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.
I just emailed them ask what I should get.
But I still would like to have specific lists from here and pictures from here as well so that I can double check the list that I am hopefully getting soon.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I dont have pics. i had the unit in my Grand before I bought the XK. When I got the XK, I went to Crutchfield ( they are local to me and have a store here ) mainly to get a bezel to fit the dash. thats when they told me about the harness. It has something special to it for the electrical system. From what I remember thats it. I had the standard Am/Fm CD system before. I didnt change out the amp or speakers. I have this system and it sounds very nice.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=kenwood+kvt617&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=14463181994327555960&sa=X&ei=cP29TfqCDMOWtweXg8y0BQ&ved=0CC8Q8wIwAQ#
Kenwood KVT-617 with a KNA-G510 Garmin GPS
At the time when this was new, 2004 , it retailed for almost $1500, I got it new from Crutchfield for $1200 and did the install myself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you again.
I think my problem is that Crutchfield is not local to my area so I will not be able to get helpful service like you had. Instead, I was suggested that it would not fit in my car and I should look for another product that would fit in my car. As I knew there would be a way to install the DNX 9980 / 6980 to my car and they would not be as helpful as here, so I would like to ask for more help.

According to my local store, I should get the followings in order to install DNX9980 to my Jeep Commander 2006 model:

1. New Bezel
2. Pac-something that unlock the Jeep factory wheel control interface???

I am hoping to know more specific parts name so that I can look for.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I remember being asked if I had steering wheel controls, which I don't. Im no stereo tech by no means so I would deal with an electronics store there locally . They should be able to answer your questions where as I am just guessing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts