Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Commander and I want to remove and replace the passenger-side front fender (badly dented). I know how to remove the grille, and front fascia, but how do I remove the fender itself (note: the fender, not the fender flare)? Are there any special considerations?

Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Something about shotty plastic clips you will want to buy before hand to put it back on. I was going to trade fenders a while ago and that was discussed. I just never got around to doing it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
There are no special tools needs. It's just bolted right on. Take out the plastic inner fender well liner first and then seperate the flare from the bumper where the clips are. Unbolt the fender and take it off. I had my passenger side fender off for my snorkel install. I had to totally fabricate everything from the snorkel itself all the way to the air box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! Thank you guys for the info. Sounds like I can totally do this. Do you know where I can buy these clips for cheap?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I believe the clips mentioned are for the fender flares. They are pretty much just a "pinch and push" style plastic pin. I've taken my fender flares off quite a bit and all my clips are still in place, although some of the clips attaching flare to bumper were broken before I took 'em off. It still holds together fine though. They are a similar "pinch and push" style, just a bit larger, so you will prolly not need replacements.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Do you know where I can buy these clips for cheap?
You can get the rivets you will need when you put the wheel well liner back in at NAPA for 6.59 for a box of 20. Part #BK7702871. You will also need the rivet tool to install them. It is about $20.00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts