Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Recently i just received my DUB magazine in the mail and tony hawk is one of the featured guests, and he has a black commander with a sick a** grille insert. So, like most car nuts, i came home and have been frantically searching for the insert. this is the closest i have come. Can someone let me know if this goes behind the OEM chrome grille or if this takes the place? hopefully, it's in addition to the OEM

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/jeep_commander/OEM-Jeep-Commander-DUB-Edition-Chrome-Stainless-Wire-Mesh-Grille-P15524C3326.aspx

Nick!

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
They have this on display at my stealership. They want $615.00 installed and it goes behind your current grill. It will look odd if you do not have the chrome grill. The insert is a heavy mesh so it will not bend whenyou hit something with it. Too much $ for me but it does look great.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It attaches to the back of the OEM grille...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay my friends, is it shiny or dull? because in the pictures it looks dull. Can you FballFan snap a picture for me by any chance? you'd be my hero if you could! Thanks Alot. Nick

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scottie, where did you order this DUB grille from? I can't wait to see what it looks like! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought mine on bbjeep2.stores.yahoo.net for $422.95 and it goes behind the OEM Grille. It's easy to do but you have to cut out each black piece in between the openings in the OEM grille in order for it to fit. Plus you have to screw it into the OEM grille with hardware provided. It comes with all the directions on how to do it! Your grille will look sick with it! I'll try and post some pictures of mine tomorrow so you can see it. I new so I haven't had a chance yet but this grille is as shiny as a freshly polished chrome wheel!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get Some, you gotta post pictures of this mod! All i have seen so far is the E&G grille, and with my 24's ordered and spring just around the corner, i gotta get this grille ordered!

Shiny!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Whoever gets it installed, PLEASE POST PICS. I saw it behind a black grill and it looked great as it made the grill "POP"! It gave it a classy look, while still keeping the front recognizable as a Jeep! Good choice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
when i bought my jeep, the mesh grill came with the truck behind a stock midnight blue grill....it is 2:50 in the morning right now, so i cant post pics, but i will post some tomorrow during the day....i bought a chrome grill, to try to get my front chrome on chrome, but it seems like i gotta cut the plastic black part off to attach the chrome mesh piece....does anyone know if this is even possible?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UCLA boy, you gotta get them pix up. Yes, i was told that the commander grilles are one piece, meaning in order for the DUB edition grille to work you need to individually cut apart the black plastic and then reapply the back with the chrome grille with the screws that were sent with the grille. Supposedly it is fairly easy to do!

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't know how to make the pictures larger in this forum but I could email them to you.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's exactly where you cut it! But be careful of the chrome when you do. After you remove all the black pieces use an Exacto blade to cut out the little bumps left and try to make it smooth with the blade. Oh, I looked in my Commander file and I must have thrown out the installation guide but if you take off the grille you have on and look at the back of it, you'll then know exactly how to mount it to the OEM grille or the chrome one in your case.

·
Registered
65 Posts
uclaboy1 and Getsome1215....Dammmmmmmmmmmm those look good to me! I think this is going to be my next mod! Thanks for the pics! Both vehicles look great with the mesh.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts