Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm struggling to identify my head unit and to find any useful info about it. It says REI in the right lower corner, but there is no mention about REI on the forum... Am I blind or is this some EU version of REC? Or what is it? :dunno:

Here is the pic of the interior, you can see the head unit:
IMG_1032.jpg

Thank you!

BTW, the NAV DVD is not working "Error reading the disc". I burned a copy of the original DVD and no luck, it doesn't read the burned disc as well...

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hello, I'm struggling to identify my head unit and to find any useful info about it. It says REI in the right lower corner, but there is no mention about REI on the forum... Am I blind or is this some EU version of REC? Or what is it? :dunno:

Here is the pic of the interior, you can see the head unit:
View attachment 32947

Thank you!

BTW, the NAV DVD is not working "Error reading the disc". I burned a copy of the original DVD and no luck, it doesn't read the burned disc as well...
Do you have your factory build sheet Orvis?

It would be listed there under optional equipment and would probably look something like this:

Media Center 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you have the unit pulled out there is a long part number on top. You can look it up to know what model it is and its applications. I seem to recall that rei is same as rec with export firmware. I went through this when putting one in my old grand. The details are a little foggy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have your factory build sheet Orvis?

It would be listed there under optional equipment and would probably look something like this:

Media Center 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD.
This is what my build sheet says:
6CD/Full Map GPS Display Nav Radio

If you have the unit pulled out there is a long part number on top. You can look it up to know what model it is and its applications. I seem to recall that rei is same as rec with export firmware. I went through this when putting one in my old grand. The details are a little foggy.
I guess you're right... After comparing it to the REC pictures found on the internet, it must be REC with International firmware or something like that...

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts