Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, my name is jm and i just bought a jeep ("hi jm") , help me if you can, but i fear its too late.

so I also drive a 2003 Nissan Frontier CC/SC which is pretty trail capable, but wanted something a little more comfy so i had been looking at the commanders and then this one came up,

2006 Limited, with 31000 miles at a good price so we jumped on it.

guess ill post pics in a few. silly

looking forward to hanging around here. just for reference, we live in denver and also ride street (can you say twisties) and dirt (just hit 11000 feet a week ago) and camp off the truck and the adv bike ('94 xr650L).

jm

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
farm truck from an estate, was on cargurus and like 40 minutes from my house,,, got lucky. Bet there are some things I need to do, and it isnt perfect, but wow, low miles,,,

jm

·
Super Moderator
5,759 Posts
is this how you get access to reply to other posts

jm
jmwands;

Welcome to the forum;

You are restricted to the new member section until you reach a certain post count - which you should have already passed.

So by now, the rest of the forum should be available to you.

If it's not, it should be in the next day or so, once your updated permissions have a chance to kick in.

If you have any other questions just let me know.

·
Super Moderator
5,759 Posts
farm truck from an estate, was on cargurus and like 40 minutes from my house,,, got lucky. But there are some things I need to do, and it isnt perfect, but wow, low miles,,,

jm
That's the same website I used to find my XK. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
farm truck from an estate, was on cargurus and like 40 minutes from my house,,, got lucky. Bet there are some things I need to do, and it isnt perfect, but wow, low miles,,,

jm
That's fantastic. I bought mine new in 2006 (4.7 LTD like yours), and I've put 220,000 miles on that guy. Everything is still stock - and it runs great. I decided a month or so ago I'm keeping it forever. Came on this forum to start learning/planning. From what I've tallied so far looking at other posts, I'm probably going to drop $25k-$30k on it over the couple of years. Everything from redoing the entire interior to upgrading the engine & transmission. Perhaps not the smartest decision financially, but I love my Commander.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

·
Super Moderator
5,759 Posts
That's fantastic. I bought mine new in 2006 (4.7 LTD like yours), and I've put 220,000 miles on that guy. Everything is still stock - and it runs great. I decided a month or so ago I'm keeping it forever. Came on this forum to start learning/planning. From what I've tallied so far looking at other posts, I'm probably going to drop $25k-$30k on it over the couple of years. Everything from redoing the entire interior to upgrading the engine & transmission. Perhaps not the smartest decision financially, but I love my Commander.

Welcome to the neighborhood.
That's great @Magnum6;

I don't recall seeing your introduction post, so, I'm guessing I missed it some how.

So, allow me to take this opportunity to formally welcome you to the forum.

I can tell you from experience that the money spent on modifications adds up quick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts