Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the scoop. My wife is in LOVE with the new 4 door wranglers. She has a white 2006 Commander Limited. The conclusion we have arrived at is it is the "Look" she loves of the 4 door wranglers. She admitted she would be happy with her current Commander just slightly lifted and with some AT tires.

Key Points:
1 - The COmmander is not 4wd
2 - She does not "Off Road" or trail Ride
3 - This is strictly for looks

That being said, what do I need to be looking at? I have never lifted a vehicle, although I am VERY mechanically inclined and plan on doing the work myself. We will be getting new wheels and tires. What kits should I look at and what size? I was thinking 4"?

Thanks for saving me Thousands, I HOPE!! :SM127:

·
Registered
69 Posts
While the 4" would be awesome it involved a lot more then you probably want to deal with and $$$ .... if she's not off-roading, I would recommend OME Springs / Struts / Shocks ... it will give you about 34-35" from ground through hub to bottom of fender. (If you place your tape measure on the ground and measure to the bottom of the center of the fender.

Ride wise since she's not off roading I would consider the MD (Medium Duty) OME vs the HD (Heavy Duty) which won't kill her ride.

Then you can always fit 265/70/17 tires (which will look great) but you will need to add spacer and pinch weld mod (most likely) depending on how aggresive tires you go with.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While the 4" would be awesome it involved a lot more then you probably want to deal with and $$$ .... if she's not off-roading, I would recommend OME Springs / Struts / Shocks ... it will give you about 34-35" from ground through hub to bottom of fender. (If you place your tape measure on the ground and measure to the bottom of the center of the fender.

Ride wise since she's not off roading I would consider the MD (Medium Duty) OME vs the HD (Heavy Duty) which won't kill her ride.

Then you can always fit 265/70/17 tires (which will look great) but you will need to add spacer and pinch weld mod (most likely) depending on how aggresive tires you go with.

Good luck!
Great info to start with and makes sense. I'll look up all that stuff and get to work! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts