Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there

I am really wondering about biggest tire size for 18 stock wheel for my XH .

lots of tire for 17 " wheel in US but here in Korea, stock wheel is 18 " and I couldn't find proper tires fir my 18 " rim .

My XH is lifted by 2 " and stock tire size is 245/ 60 / 18

please help me out..

thanks you for reading and have a very nice day !!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
hello there

I am really wondering about biggest tire size for 18 stock wheel for my XH .

lots of tire for 17 " wheel in US but here in Korea, stock wheel is 18 " and I couldn't find proper tires fir my 18 " rim .

My XH is lifted by 2 " and stock tire size is 245/ 60 / 18

please help me out..

thanks you for reading and have a very nice day !!
A lot of us are running 265/70R17's on our Commanders with a 2 inch lift. Since you have 18 inch wheels, the equivalent tire size would be 265/65R18. Normally wheel spacers are needed to clear the ball joint bolt and bending of the pinch weld and re forming the rear portion of the front inner plastic fender well is required.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
You can also go with a 265/60R18 which will be approx. 1 inch taller then your stock tires. With that size you mostlikely wouldnt have to do any work to the fender wells to make them fit.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can also go with a 265/60R18 which will be approx. 1 inch taller then your stock tires. With that size you mostlikely wouldnt have to do any work to the fender wells to make them fit.
thank you for your advice..

I think I have to find that tire you recommend.

and one more question ..

If i get that tire , wouldn't be any rubbing?

thanks again

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
thank you for your advice..

I think I have to find that tire you recommend.

and one more question ..

If i get that tire , wouldn't be any rubbing?

thanks again
Not a problem. You shouldnt have any rubbing with the second size tire I posted. You might have to look at the ball joint bolt though. Honestly im not sure how close it will be with that size. You have two options though if its close. Either trim a little bit of the stud or get some wheel spacers to set out the wheels a little. A big factor will be how wide the tread width is on the tires you get. Every tire is different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts