Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Jeep Commander and all the speakers don't work. I have power to the NAV/GPS/Audio Unit but there is no sound.

I have read that it could be a fuse. Could someone tell me which fuse it is?

Thanks everyone for your help.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
what unit do you have? What does work? If the unit lights up and does everything except make noise, I am thinking amp.

I am thinking AMP since you said you have NAV/GPS...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what unit do you have? What does work? If the unit lights up and does everything except make noise, I am thinking amp.

I am thinking AMP since you said you have NAV/GPS...
I have the NAV/GPS unit and yes...everything works except the sound. Urrrrhh. Really frustrating.

And being that everything is stock, I didn't know it could have an amplifier supplied. We bought it brand new so we didn't install an aftermarket amp.

So if it's the Amp, where would it normally be located?

Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
I have the NAV/GPS unit and yes...everything works except the sound. Urrrrhh. Really frustrating.

And being that everything is stock, I didn't know it could have an amplifier supplied. We bought it brand new so we didn't install an aftermarket amp.

So if it's the Amp, where would it normally be located?

Thanks for your help.
Behind driver's side panel in the cargo area if you have the Boston Acoustics system.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Interior Fuses

The fuse panel is on the lower instrument panel just to the left of the steering column.

Cavity 1 30 Amp Green Audio Amp (B+)

I use a multi meter set on continuity to test the fuse as opposed to pulling each fuse out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interior Fuses

The fuse panel is on the lower instrument panel just to the left of the steering column.

Cavity 1 30 Amp Green Audio Amp (B+)

I use a multi meter set on continuity to test the fuse as opposed to pulling each fuse out.
I can't wait to look into this. I will do this at 7pm EST today and post up.

:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
cico7 you save my life!!!!

Here's the story. I checked the #1 fuse 30amp with a continuity tester. Well it passed that test. i was stumped then again. i wondered around AGAIN thinking I have to start all over again.

Then, I was thinking...maybe there could be a problem with the fuse passing continuity but it was indeed the problem.

I pulled the exact fuse you were talking about. Then inspected it to find it was ok. Funny thing was when I re-inserted the fuse back into the slot, it sparked.

Right after that, SPEAKERS WERE WORKING AGAIN!!!!!!!

FRUSTRATION OVER!!!!!YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE.....

I can enjoy sound again. I hate for anyone to encounter this. So just pull fuse and re-insert. hopefully that helps you get your sound back.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Excellent News!! You should replace that fuse anyway. Bad connection somewhere or something caused the fuse to lose connection.

Glad to see it's working again!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 06. When I first turn the jeep on it makes an audible pop, works for about 3-4 seconds, then another pop, and it cuts out. If I pull the fuse I get the same result when I put it back in. My issue just started this evening and we have had a LOT of heavy rain the past several days so not sure if I have a leak somewhere causing this. Will let it dry out overnight, and try a new fuse tomorrow and see what happens. Frustrating, I have a roadtrip this weekend and will probably go insane without a stereo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts