Jeep Commander Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Same issue on way back from texas to nc thought my transmission was going out slipping ect ect rpm would drop but car would rev heat gauge speed gauge and tac would bounce or flutter cut cats off all off all problems stopped instantly
Cats at autozone 106.00 grab an get muffler shop to install 50 bucks no more only cost me 240 and i weld
Crazy that bad cats caused all of that with your gauges....the DTC code obviously makes sense...but your temp, speedo and tach tripping out would normally point to a much bigger issue!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same issue on way back from texas to nc thought my transmission was going out slipping ect ect rpm would drop but car would rev heat gauge speed gauge and tac would bounce or flutter cut cats off all off all problems stopped instantly
Cats at autozone 106.00 grab an get muffler shop to install 50 bucks no more only cost me 240 and i weld
Crazy that bad cats caused all of that with your gauges....the DTC code obviously makes sense...but your temp, speedo and tach tripping out would normally point to a much bigger issue!
So........

My after market cat bad idea......

The 2 cats worked differently so i cut all exhaust off and went straight pipe with nc no emissions lol hemi sounds so mean straight pipe anywho drove that way from since my last post another bad idea i am now done in nc and drove back to texas stopped 100 times due to exhaust problems and computer problems error codes limp mode finally bandaged bruised and licking wounds im back in Austin for a week now ....on vacation before i start back at work ........

I have been busy on my vacation.......
New exhaust oem engine to midway
Flow fx by flowmaster true dual
Replaced
Upstream and downstream o2s
Coils
Plug's
Boots
All hoses
Wheel hibs 4
Ball joints all
Tie rods all
Alternator
I have:
Tinted windors
Cleaned whole engine bay its oil free and shiny
After market 2 din android auto
Sub and amp
All new interior led white lights
All fluids
Im sure i missed a lil

Shes on point now runs and drives like brand new no engine lights not one

My jeep now has oem exhaust

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
So........

The 2 cats worked differently so i cut all exhaust off and went straight pipe with nc no emissions lol hemi sounds so mean straight pipe anywho drove that way from since my last post another bad idea i am now done in nc and drove back to texas stopped 100 times due to exhaust problems and computer problems error codes limp mode finally bandaged bruised and licking wounds im back in Austin for a week now ....on vacation before i start back at work ........

Replaced
Coils
Plug's
Boots
All hoses
Wheel hibs 4
Ball joints all
Tie rods all
Alternator
I have:
Tinted windors
Sub and amp
All fluids
Im sure i missed a lil

Sounds like you did a whole ton of work Erik - where are the before & after pics???

·
Registered
131 Posts
So........

Replaced
Coils
Plug's
Boots
All hoses
Wheel hibs 4
Ball joints all
Tie rods all
Alternator
I have:
Tinted windors
Sub and amp
All fluids
Im sure i missed a lil

Sounds like you did a whole ton of work Erik - where are the before & after pics???

Ya! that's a lot of work for a vacation! especially only one week! :laugh2:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts