Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to replace my radiator in 2006 3.7 and I can't get the windshield washer bottle off of the top radiator support...everything else is off and disconnected - frustrating. Is there a trick to getting the blind rivet out or is it simply drilling it? And if so, looks like I have to remove the headlight to get at the correct angle, hope I'm just missing something???

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Meltdown adverted - rivet drilled out and radiator removed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
bjamrow,
I'm just about to embark on replacing my 2006 Jeep Commander Washer bottle. Since you've had a close look in there maybe you can help. What would be the best way to remove the bottle, hopefully without removing the radiator. I've seen a video of someone removing it from under the Inner Fender Well on a Jeep Liberty.

Any suggestions??
Thanks!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I recently did some work to my front bumper where I had to remove it along with the driver side headlight and I was clearly able to see the windshield washer reservoir once everything as cleared out. It looked like I could've easily pulled it out from there.

Removing the front bumper isn't bad but you do have to drill out two rivets from the fender wells on each side, so make sure to have replacements ready.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts