Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am about to head down the road of exchanging my boring factory head unit out for one with Apple Car play and sirius as my oldest daughter will be driving soon(safety 1st). I came across this harness years ago under my steering wheel. Dealer couldn't tell me what it was for and am wondering now if it might be something for sirius? Could it be for a tow package? There is the main white bar clip and then two, smaller, white side clips.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey guys, I am about to head down the road of exchanging my boring factory head unit out for one with Apple Car play and sirius as my oldest daughter will be driving soon(safety 1st). I came across this harness years ago under my steering wheel. Dealer couldn't tell me what it was for and am wondering now if it might be something for sirius? Could it be for a tow package? There is the main white bar clip and then two, smaller, white side clips.
That doesn't look like a factory plug to me. Is it connected to the single fuse holders I see behind it? Off hand I would guess it's the remnants of an aftermarket remote start or security system. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Administrator
6,300 Posts
Definitely looks like something aftermarket....I think @Up4XK has made a pretty good guess.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am fairly sure those connections are for a Sirius/XM unit. The 3.5mm phone jack gives this away. If you follow that 3.5 mm phone wire you will find there is probably still an antenna wire adaptor still installed on the antenna wire going to the radio/ stereo head.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually the phone jack and the antenna jack are for my exterior sirius unit. another reason I am installing the new head unit. I need to clean up the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts