Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am just starting out in off roading. I just bought used 06 XK and am think about starting off with a 2" lift. When I drive around I see other XK that look lower than my XK. Am not sure if the previous owner lifted it or not and I don't want to buy a lift kit if it already has one. It dos have bigger tires 255/65/17 am not sure that makes a noticeable difference. I dont know what am looking for when i look at the suspension. I have pic so if you can help me out that would be great.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Looks to be a stock susspension. No spacer lift, appear to be stock springs, the struts have been replaced but they shouldn't be giving any extra lift. In fact the struts look like they might need replaced. It looks like they are leaking and dirt/dust is sticking to the fluid. Any lift is likely coming from the tire size.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That's not stock suspension. Looks to me like the 2 inch daystar lift and obviously bilstein struts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can clean up the dirt and take more pic if it will help. I just don't want pay for something already installed. Also thanks for the welcome FLYCAV.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Can we get a picture of your Jeep? Could tell real quick then.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
It's definitely got a daystar lift. I can tell just by looking at the pic of the front strut.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's definitely got a daystar lift. I can tell just by looking at the pic of the front strut.
Thanks for the help. I looked up daystar and saw that the spacer is at the bottom of the spring. Maybe Flycav was looking at the top and thought it was stock. Now I can put the money I had saved up some where else on my jeep.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Or you can swap it out for a better spacer lift or old man emu coils! The daystar lift is known to sag up front really bad

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the help. I looked up daystar and saw that the spacer is at the bottom of the spring. Maybe Flycav was looking at the top and thought it was stock. Now I can put the money I had saved up some where else on my jeep.
I stand corrected. I was looking at the top of the strut mount.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Or you can swap it out for a better spacer lift or old man emu coils! The daystar lift is known to sag up front really bad
DO THIS! I had the daystar lift for awhile and it sags much more than other 2" lifts. To save money, You could buy the Old man emu 2" lift springs and struts for the front and just leave the daystar lift in the rear. This will alleviate the sag that is primarily in the front. Also, if you were to remove the plastic step ups you have under your doors, you could gain a considerable amount of belly clearance.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DO THIS! I had the daystar lift for awhile and it sags much more than other 2" lifts. To save money, You could buy the Old man emu 2" lift springs and struts for the front and just leave the daystar lift in the rear. This will alleviate the sag that is primarily in the front. Also, if you were to remove the plastic step ups you have under your doors, you could gain a considerable amount of belly clearance.
Thanks for the help I might do that. I am planning on removing the steps and replacing them with Rock Rails. I am just trying to figure which brand I should buy.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Thanks for the help I might do that. I am planning on removing the steps and replacing them with Rock Rails. I am just trying to figure which brand I should buy.
Talk to Jon from thesteelarmadillo.com he's the owner. He makes some really nice durable rock sliders

1 - 15 of 15 Posts