Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I ordered 1.25 Hub Centric Spacers for the Commander that I will be installing this weekend, however I was wondering what you guys think? Ill be adding bigger tires and installing the 2" lift as well...What exactly is the pinch weld mod? I've seen it performed (Internet) however still don't get it? With the spacers do I need to use the red locktight to be sure? I have the Torque wrench and poundage good...just not sure how to go about it.... If I do it at home do I torque the spacers while its lifted? I should know more about all of this however, I have a very short time here in the states before I head back overseas and would like to get this done...any info on Spacers..Pinch...and Real info on tires would be awesome...or if I should even space at all...

Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Awesome, Thanks guys. Glad I bought a membership, all this info was helpful...youtube.com was pretty good too...

·
Registered
94 Posts
with 1.25 spacers and a 2" lift and the pinch mod you SHOULD be okay with 265/70/17 tires, you'll probably get a little rubbing in the wheel well @ full turn. i had 1.5 spacers and cleared the upper ball joint bolt by over 1/2". pinch weld - remove the inner wheel well. pinch weld looks like a strip of metal (maybe 1/2" wide) running vertically perpendicular to the body (look by the rear a/c lines on passenger side if u got rear a/c). take a 3pound sledge hammer and beat it down flat. yes, use locktite and torque while lifted - gotta do that before you put wheels on. you gonna loose about a foot of lift if you don't get those on before droppin it down off the jack stands...

·
Administrator
15,199 Posts
you gonna loose about a foot of lift if you don't get those on before droppin it down off the jack stands...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts