Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, one of my neighbors rented a Kubota tractor much like this one.

After he scraped all the grass off his back yard, which is sloped about 15-20 degrees, the heavens opened up and it rained real hard.

I had planned on helping him with all the other landscaping he had planned but it turned out to be a recovery mission.

The mud, although not deep, was as slick as ice and I was unable to get down close enought to hook up with the Commander. With a chain and tow strap attached to the bucket, I started pulling by hand. I was able to keep just enough tension to keep him from sliding into the woods but progress was very slow as the treads on the tractor's wheel just filled with mud.

I found some old chainlink fence in a ditch on the side of the road and we used that to gain a little traction but not much. I was able to pull, by hand, him close enough to the grass where I could hook up to the Commander.

I put the Commander in first gear and left traction control on. I did not want to spin my wheels on the part of his lawn he was keeping. It only took about a minute after that to pull him out.

Over all I am happy with the way the Commander performed. I left the mud on the Jeep as a badge of honor. It's not a lot of mud, but still there is a good story to go with it. :)

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Good place for a winch! Where's the pics?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cico7 said:
you pulled him out by hand??? Even though you eventually hooked your commander to it, you pulled him by hand??!!
Yes, by hand and foot. He was makeing zero progress without me tugging on the chain and tow strap.

This morning my legs, shoulders and back are a little sore. I have a bruise on my right shoulder from where the tow strap was digging in a bit. Kind of looks like a hickey!

I don't mean to brag, but I constantly amaze people at the amount of weight I can carry or lift or what ever.

PolarBZ said:
Good place for a winch! Where's the pics?
A winch would have been useful for sure! I will go get some pictures of his back yard and post them tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
All in a good days work, Hope he invites you to the BBQ.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is his back yard. The tractor was stuck up against the larger of the two trees on the left side of the picture.

I pulled him over to the side where the slope was a little less. If you look closely you can see the silver chain link fence buried in the mud.

This is as dirty as the Commander got. It ain't much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts