Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Cool, that's nice to see.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Another reason to be a proud Hemi owner.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Some day I might ask someone what a Hemi actually is. I figure it's something that gives more horsepower as I see those "yea it's got a hemi" stickers on rear window. I'm old school and when someone said they had a hemi it was something that required Preparation H for treatment. Those stickers always make me laugh. I'm not knocking your hemi, I'm sure it's the coolest thing that ever came down the pike. I just have no idea what it is. "Yea, I'm mechanically challenged" is what my sticker should say.
HT

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Some day I might ask someone what a Hemi actually is. I figure it's something that gives more horsepower as I see those "yea it's got a hemi" stickers on rear window. I'm old school and when someone said they had a hemi it was something that required Preparation H for treatment. Those stickers always make me laugh. I'm not knocking your hemi, I'm sure it's the coolest thing that ever came down the pike. I just have no idea what it is. "Yea, I'm mechanically challenged" is what my sticker should say.
HT
A Hemi engine (from hemisphere) is an internal-combustion engine in which the combustion chambers are of hemispherical form.

Hemispherical combustion chambers, which had been used for centuries in mortars and cannon,[1] were introduced on some of the earliest automotive engines, shortly after proving the concept of internal combustion engines themselves.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemi

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
howard6081 said:
HT
http://www.allpar.com/mopar/hemi/chrysler-hemi.html

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new-mopar-hemi.html

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HEMI Definition

Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax. - David Charles Gedraitis

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax. - David Charles Gedraitis
That's the best definition I've heard!

·
Registered
64 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts