Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think the old owners of our overland hemi put on a new exhaust, mostly guessing by the fact that looks like a large part replaced and bolted on when I look underneath. They also added a black exhaust tip, cool, but from what I can tell, pretty much useless. Question, how can I quiet it down? It is way too loud, actually doesn't sound good, can a muffler tip quiet it down or would I have to replace the whole thing that they added on? Underwhelmed with the overland honestly, the dual suede leather seats are pretty ugly and less comfortable than just leather. Keep the truck probably and just give to one of my kids and go another jeep route down the road, but for now need to make this not sound so loud, even with windows up, just noisy.

·
Administrator
16,129 Posts
@Pulp Can you post some pics of the exhaust system?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,186 Posts
Do you have a resonator? "Small muffler close to the rear bumper" ?

·
Registered
~~2008 Overland 5.7 HEMI~~
105 Posts
😮 underwhelmed with the Overland?!

Agreed that the suede seats are just totallY👎🏽
Last week I somehow managed to spill (leak) an entire 2 liter soda into mine not to mention the take-out accidents that occur EVERY SINGLE time I put a to-go container on the passenger seat.
Suede - under your a$$ - WHY??? 😏

Reactions: tirebiter and Pulp

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Pulp Can you post some pics of the exhaust system?

I'll have to get some pics and post. I just noticed the bolts and such when I was putting in the spare wheel and tire and figuring that they added a new exhaust on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
😮 underwhelmed with the Overland?!

Agreed that the suede seats are just totallY👎🏽
Last week I somehow managed to spill (leak) an entire 2 liter soda into mine not to mention the take-out accidents that occur EVERY SINGLE time I put a to-go container on the passenger seat.
Suede - under your a$$ - WHY??? 😏
😂yeah, especially when it's hot and humid, you stick to the suede. My first thought was you added a hemi to this trim but took out all leather, for what reason? That and they steering wheel with the wood in the top middle 1/3, it's not that fancy, it's a jeep, just keep it jeep like, maybe added heater steering wheel but wood was not needed.

·
Registered
~~2008 Overland 5.7 HEMI~~
105 Posts
Lol on the steering wheel. Totally agree. Actually I just took that thing apart this weekend and replaced the multi function switch (left blinker thingy). Very proud of myself lol. Gotta love YouTube... super easy and now I don’t have to worry about having a seizure driving down the highway from my dash lights spazzing out.

Random: I would really have appreciated a digital mpg display... what the cluck?

Reactions: Pulp and jeep5253

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Limited, 5.7L, Steel Blue, QD2, 2" Lift, Magna Flow Exhaust.
6 Posts
I feel your pain. My 08' Overland Hemi came with a cold air intake and a magna-flow exhaust. I can't imagine I'd miss whatever tiny increase in power it provides, but I know I'd prefer the factory exhaust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll have to get some pics and post. I just noticed the bolts and such when I was putting in the spare wheel and tire and figuring that they added a new exhaust on.

Hope these images came through, the black tip from what I can tell is just decorative, unless it's suppose to do something else. Removed it and no difference when on or off. Thanks for any input.

Brown Font Gas Cylinder Tin

·
Super Moderator
1,186 Posts
Definitely not stock, it's been replaced. Looks like they did a good job. Wouldn't be too hard to just replace the muffler and fix the sound.

Reactions: Pulp

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely not stock, it's been replaced. Looks like they did a good job. Wouldn't be too hard to just replace the muffler and fix the sound.
Thanks, that's what i was thinking, but haven't done much muffler/exhaust work, so I'll have to check out options. Whatever they put on really made it loud, even with windows up and music, you can hear it quite a bit. If you have any suggestions of brand or what to use, open to hearing them. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
1,186 Posts
Any "Stock" muffler should be quiet. You might also look into putting a resonator back on in the rear just before the end of the tailpipe.

Reactions: Pulp

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any "Stock" muffler should be quiet. You might also look into putting a resonator back on in the rear just before the end of the tailpipe.

View attachment 42889
Thanks, may add the resonator, want to start with muffler and then go from there, see how much it quiets down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts