Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I really don't segregate "city" versus "highway" because everybody's definition is different.

Overall, I average about 16.

·
Registered
77 Posts
... mine fits into the above mentioned, however, I have two modes in which I drive. Sometimes I have the need or want to drive spirited. This is when I go into the "high performance mode" (otherwise called Tow/Haul). This will certainly lower m/g (13 to 14). Othertimes, I let the JC float and get pretty good m/g (14.5 to 15). On my weekend trips down the feeways I increase my m/g while over the week, in city driving I decrease it again. The computer averages it out until reset. If I do not reset it for a month or tow, with the mix of city / highway / Tow&Haul / Conservative driving, I average between 14.0 and 14.5.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Guys... Is that not part of the pleasure of owning a HEMI?

I'll take the power over milage any time.

Averaging 13.5 - Got it to 17 MPG on a road trip from Atlanta to DC - crusing at 75 mph most of the way

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dont buy a Hemi if youre worried about gas milage....period. This motor is for power, utility and big time fun factor...not to be a gas miser.

FWIW..14.5 to 15.8 in town per week. up to 17mpg per week if driven a couple of days in MDS mode (in between 40 and 60 mph)on the highway to work and back ....but since MDS only works in between 40-60, we cany always drive it in MDS mode.
We get anywhere between 14.5 to 17.5 on highway trips...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.