Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 07 commander with the 3.7 with 90'000 miles. i havent really had any issues with this engine other than the 5 minutes of ticking at a cold start at the beginning of the day. as for power...meh. id like to have some more considering im used to the 460 in my dually and have had 2 grand cherokee/converted crawlers with the 5.2 v8's. im not trying to get this commander to climb a tree but i would like to have enough power to get up some of the hills ive had to back down. nothing crazy or anything, but i couldnt see why some of these hills are such a issue for this engine. i have my mind set on doing a hemi swap and am wondering what all i am going to need for this. i could see needing a beefier transfercase/tranny, not sure tho. has anyone else done this swap?? any tips or tricks? thanks!

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I would go with the gear swap. To much involved in a Hemi conversion and would cost way more then you would want to invest

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry to pile on, but these cars are so computerized, a swap is not only a huge undertaking, but youd regret it in the future when some dealer only module is haywire, and your Vin numbers throughout the vehicle don't line up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My advise is, trade or sell your 07 and buy a Commander with a HEMI allready in it, there around..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts