Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any one installed a Flowmaster 50-SUV muffler in a Hemi? ,,, any sound or video clip?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one !!!!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks GPintheMitten,

I guess the sound will be totally different in the Commander, I can see dual exhaust in the truck ,, also the Commander has a resonator.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'll try to get you a video. I HIGHLY recommend this muffler for a few reasons. When cruising you can barely hear it, on the highway my tires are actually louder. But outside it has a nice tone and when you open it up you can really hear the roar. It also has a thicker case on it so if you wheel you're less likely to do major damage to it. A friend of mine has a 1 chamber on his 4.7 and it is obnoxiously loud and he wants the one I have now.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try to get you a video. I HIGHLY recommend this muffler for a few reasons. When cruising you can barely hear it, on the highway my tires are actually louder. But outside it has a nice tone and when you open it up you can really hear the roar. It also has a thicker case on it so if you wheel you're less likely to do major damage to it. A friend of mine has a 1 chamber on his 4.7 and it is obnoxiously loud and he wants the one I have now.
I understand from this that you have Flowmaster 50-SUV in a Hemi, right?

Did you keep the resonator? as I read somewhere that if you keep the resonator you don't change the sound much from the stock tone!

·
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am still uploading my video. But there is a problem, that is why I can not access my video here. But I really love to share my flowmaster 50 SUV muffler. :SM127:
Thats good ,,, I can give you my e-mail if the uploading still not ok

How about the sound over 60 MPH on steady accelerator ? and did you keep the resonator ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine is a Hemi with the flowmaster 50 SUV and I did keep my resonator. All I had the muffler shop do was swap my stock muffler with the flowmaster. Here are a couple of clips I made today...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the videos, the sound in the first clip from inside was good ,, the sound in the second clip was not that good !! not much difference from stock or may be its due to the camera!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts