Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thought about this? I just did it for the hell of it.

Any thoughts on this, I will upload start up/ drive around videos as soon as i get it. It is not as loud as I had expected it to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__z2Y5zYhcY

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks like a nice install! I ran one on my GN when racing or to just annoy people..It was plenty loud when you were on the gas, otherwise it wasn't too bad.. Does it throw any codes ?(do we have a post cat o2 sensor?? and any running issues if we do ??)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually it was a PITA install being you can see the amount of space I had available. Its not as loud as you think it would be.

No post CAT 02 censors it was all muffler/resonator past that pipe.

Not much performance gains that I can tell but I like the way it sounds, just like a 2 chamber flowmaster. Plus the fact that I can open or close it from the inside of my jeep.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is this? The purpose?
I don't forsee racing the thing, I wanted a way I could get a throaty exhaust note without having to deal with it when i take clients around, so I opted for a exhaust cut out. I can have the exhaust sound/minor performance gain when I want and back to stock with the flip of a switch.

I have had cutouts before, and I never had an issue with them getting stuck, I have a plate if ever I decide to seal it up permanently, I dont have to deal with the loud sound.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is there anyway that you could get a sound clip? I would be very interested in hearing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts