Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is; Almost certainly the first one on the road in the UK. :D

It looks awesome, drives brilliantly, and feels BIG!!!! :eek: Im sure that you guys dont notice as much, but over her this is a BIG car!!!

Only driven the 15 miles back from the dealer but very pleased so far.

Today was the first time i had seen it with the 20" Startechs and im pleased i made that choice. I had 22"'s on my previous Grand Cherokee but the Commander seems to drive much better.

Its got the full spec; Sat Nav, Rear DVD system, Electric everything, Roof windows etc etc. Its the 3.0 Diesel that i dont think is out in the States yet? Got to run it in but first impressions are good. Just need to get my plate on it now.

So, what do you think???

Need to get some bits and pieces on order now, looking for Chrome wing mirror casings and a Chrome front centre bumper plate. If anyone knows where i can get these please let me know.

Thanks.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/snetty77/Commander9.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/snetty77/Commander2.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/snetty77/Commander6.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/snetty77/Commander7.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/snetty77/Commander8.jpg

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Wheels look nice, but the sidewalls are kinda small, no? You don't plan on any off-road driving, do you?

·
Registered
209 Posts
From a fellow black Commander owner...that thing looks GREAT!!!! Love your wheels although when you showed the picture of the interior with right hand drive it threw me off for a minute...haha...would take some getting used to for us americans. Again, looks fantastic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
looks great, I'm really wish we could get the diesel here in the states. Look forward to see what you do next. I contacted startech they said products for the jc should be ready by end of june. If you know anything different let me know.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice JEEP TRUCK, (not a car) a car is one of those little vehicles. hee hee. Great lookin XK. How's it ride with soo little rubber. It seems like the ride would be a little stiffer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations! It looks absolutely fantastic! You will the envy of many and also unfortunately the object of much scorn in the UK. But if you have someone in the passenger seat that looks like a footballer's wife, it'll all be OK. By the way, you can now pull up at Vongs or Nobu and leave the jeep in front without worrying about finding parking!!;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ride is good, not bumpy or lumpy at all. On my previous Grand with the 22"s it was awful.

Dont worry about the size of the side walls, this TRUCK (not a car!) will never be going off road!! :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
UK, looks fantastic on foreign soil. Interesting differences. We in the US don't get that second set of brake lights in the bumper, for instance.

And right-wheel drive looks weird! I can't imagine driving on the 'wrong' side of the road...

I hope they bring the diesel option to the US eventually.

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, the right isnt the wrong side, thats the left!!!!

Thanks for all the positive comments. You wouldnt believe the number of looks its getting over here!!

I spotted some differences too. Do all the US spec Commanders come with the Amber front indicator lenses?

Also, i read on here somewhere about the auto indicator function (like the lateset VW golf) doesnt work on a lot of peoples cars? It does on mine!!

Done 65 miles now and very happy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks Great!

I love the wheels, what are they again? It looks great on the black. I am patiently waiting for the diesels here. The Liberty now has an available diesel, does anybody have one?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The wheels are the 20" Startech's. They are an official option from main dealers but only as an aftermarket add on and only as a special order. Im sure you know, but Startech are the Chrysler/Jeep division of Brabus.

Thinking of selling my original wheels and tyres as they have never even been on the road.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The wheels do look great. I thought 20 inch would look ridiculous on this vehicle, but I like it. Mine is set up for offroading, so I'll stay with the 17's, but that's one nice street cruiser.

·
Registered
7 Posts
oh my gosh it looks wonderful, congratulations!!!!!!!!! i can't find rims to fit. Help!!!! looking for 20 or 22s and i'm in the (IE) Inland Empire.

·
Registered
128 Posts
gblue said:
What a shame to put crap like that on a jeep.. :( Thats almost as bad as lowering a TJ ..

so are you saying the srt-8 cherokee is a piece of crap???? Its lowered, doesnt have a low gear, and has either 20's or 22's summer tires.

Either way, thats only your opinion. To each his own, dont hate and dont be a prick, it's not your truck.;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Greetings, all,

I have had my commander for about a month, and am very pleased with it. I have a few photos with the few mods I've made. I'd love to show them to all of you, and I will, as soon as I figure out how to do so.

This is a really cool site. Great intel!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the positive comments :)

I'll add more pictures as i make more changes. Currently hunting down some Startech mirror casings and a chrome front bumper cover.

gblue, if it's not your style then im sure theres plenty of other threads to read so why not go take a look elsewhere and stop being such a nob jockey?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts