Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Buy and '09 with new Hemi - 370 hp

Do some mods, cold air intake and exhaust...that should get you close to 390 hp!

TexasHemi

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buy an 09?? is that what you meant?

tell you the the truth id like to get it passed 400 hp some how.. just was wondering if some one could give a break down on how to do it..

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Supercharger, bored, cam, crank... All that fun $$$$ stuff

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've kind of considered it in the far future, when its outlived its usefulness as a daily driver I want to make it into a weekend mud bogger/hotrod suv.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
If you have the money, just about anything is doable!!! Heads, cam, lifters, supercharger...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mopar sells those ported heads for about $3000/Pair. Click to see
The previous posts have some good information too. There was also a guy on here getting input for doing some custom tuning to the 5.7. I can't remember exactly what his plans were...I'd do a quick search.

·
Registered
487 Posts
AJGuy84 said:
Mopar sells those ported heads for about $3000/Pair. Click to see
The previous posts have some good information too. There was also a guy on here getting input for doing some custom tuning to the 5.7. I can't remember exactly what his plans were...I'd do a quick search.

wheres the fun in buying the heads, I remember the days as a 21 yr old porting and blueprinting Ford Pinto and Xflow heads, blobs of grease to mark where metal needed to be removed, polishing the insides of the manifold where possible recutting valve seats.

glad I can just bolt things on now though, give me time to drive :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
I guess if you have the time and the know-how, you're in better shape than most of us. I don't know the first thing about porting a head...Nor do I have $3K...I guess I'm stuck with basic bolt on mods.*sigh

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
the best bang for your buck would be to get the CNC performance ported cylinder heads, mopar performance crank and cams with new lifters, etc... and CAI/exhaust.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Strap a JATO Rocket to the roof.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Trade the XK for something designed for that, see ya at the races.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts