Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks Great! If you make it down to south Texas look me up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sometime I'll figure out how to post a photo!

·
Registered
213 Posts
between the lift and wheels/tires, the proportions on the whole truck look great. How much lift did you add? What size wheels?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looks great in Silver Steel...I like that color on the truck...enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well at the risk of being redundant, here are my mods. They are also posted w/additional pics on the Modifications and Performance Forum. The Color is called Steel Blue. Thanks for your comments!

Rocky Road 2.25" Lift
Centerline Tracer II forged polished aluminum 8x17" w/5" backspace
Bridgestone Dueler Revo 265/70R17
Speedometer Recalibrated
Airaid Cold Intake
Snorkel Removed
Magnaflow Stainless Steel Exhaust
SuperLift eXtreme Ring
Sylvania Silverstar Hi and Low Beam and Fog Lights
OEM Slush Mats
3M Clear Mask
Thule Side Arm MTB Racks

·
Administrator
16,129 Posts
RUT ROW, on what part of the vehicle did you apply the 3M Clear Mask ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
on what part of the vehicle did you apply the 3M Clear Mask ?
The clear mask was installed on the front bumper, grill, headlights and fog lights, chrome bottom piece, and the first 18" of the hood and front fenders. It took the installer 6 hours at my home. I would not tackle this after watching him. He came highly recommended to me.

-mike

·
Registered
473 Posts
when you change tire height it will throw off your speedometer. going to a taller tire is equal to reducing your rear end ratio, thus lowering your RPM at equal speeds.
if i remember right the speedo will read a slower MPH then you are actually going when running a larger tire.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
topcop38 said:
when you change tire height it will throw off your speedometer. going to a taller tire is equal to reducing your rear end ratio, thus lowering your RPM at equal speeds.
if i remember right the speedo will read a slower MPH then you are actually going when running a larger tire.
This is correct. Unless you are going to 33 inch or greater tires you probably get away without calibrating.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Are the Silverstars a big improvement over the stock XK bulbs? I know when I switched to them in my Cherokee it was a big improvement.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are the Silverstars a big improvement over the stock XK bulbs? I know when I switched to them in my Cherokee it was a big improvement.
They made a huge difference, I was pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is correct. Unless you are going to 33 inch or greater tires you probably get away without calibrating.
Although I not certain, I was concerned with possible warranty issues being that the odometer would not be correct.

-mike

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
RUT ROW said:
They made a huge difference, I was pleasantly surprised.
Hmm guess I know what I will be doing whenever I get a free moment this week or next. Do you know of anyone who carries the 9006SU Silverstar ULTRA bulb (as opposed to the 9006ST Silverstar bulb).

Also, did you replace your fog lights too?

·
Registered
29 Posts
But how did you recalibrate it? I know the dealer can only recalibrate for the factory size tires and I haven't seen any aftermarket boxes out for the Commander yet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Hmm guess I know what I will be doing whenever I get a free moment this week or next. Do you know of anyone who carries the 9006SU Silverstar ULTRA bulb (as opposed to the 9006ST Silverstar bulb).

Also, did you replace your fog lights too?
I went to the Sylvania website and looked up a local dealer. Yes I did replace the foglights.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
But how did you recalibrate it? I know the dealer can only recalibrate for the factory size tires and I haven't seen any aftermarket boxes out for the Commander yet.
The dealer service dept. did it, I didn't see them. I intended to varify it with my gps today but forgot to get it out of the rv.

-mike

1 - 20 of 31 Posts