Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 3.7 4x4 with 25000 miles that acts like it is going to stall when I am at a stop light, when I am pulling out in traffic, or in slow moving traffic. I have had this problem for 18 months. The dealer has flashed the vehicle 4 times and each time it has gotten better but it is not fixed. I have filed a report with DOT and from time to time they send me emails. The person at DOT who is handling this is Chris Lash and his email is [email protected] . I am going to take it into the dealer for it's 5th flash. Who else has had these issues? The dealer told me Chrysler is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it. I cannot Lemon Law this SUV because we bought it used with 6000 miles back in 2006. I am stuck with a warrenty claim. My wife loves the looks and the way it drives but I worry about her driving this thing.:mad:

·
Administrator
15,241 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
is it stalling or is it a problem with the traction control?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are two TSB's that just came out dealing with the traction control. That may be the problem, but it seems strange that this would be the cause since the stalling usually occurs when we are at a dead stop and idling. I can have them check the plugs, but this issue has been going on since I got the car with 6000 miles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to report a happy ending. The dealer did a new flash about a month ago, and the problem is totally fixed. This was the 6th flash and if it did not work I was going to trade her in. Good news I got to keep the Commander.

·
Registered
84 Posts
tcommander said:
I want to report a happy ending. The dealer did a new flash about a month ago, and the problem is totally fixed. This was the 6th flash and if it did not work I was going to trade her in. Good news I got to keep the Commander.
Now that's what I want to hear! Kudo's to your Dealer and hope you're pleased. Sounds like it!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts