Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys? My name is Anthony, but everyone just calls me A.D. I’m a touring musician, and this is my first jeep I’ve ever owned. I’ve been lurking for a few days to try to gain some knowledge before I picked up my Commander today?? I’m super excited about it! I plan on lifting her up first and getting some new rubber. After that, who knows! Glad to be here, and can’t wait to chat with you guys!

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @AnthonyAdkins! That's a nice looking Commander. We don't see too many of the green ones.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I’m pretty excited. Looking at lifting it some already. Anyone want to throw opinions of the “best” at me? Haha I’m currently looking at the OME Springs, maybe their shocks/struts or bilsteins. Thoughts? Opinions?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks guys! I’m pretty excited. Looking at lifting it some already. Anyone want to throw opinions of the “best” at me? Haha I’m currently looking at the OME Springs, maybe their shocks/struts or bilsteins. Thoughts? Opinions?

If you can afford it, a Superlift is a great option. They adjust the front end geometry so you won't wear out any components, and you get 5+ inches of lift typically.

If you can't though, the OME kit is good. HD springs are better suited for an XK, but they do ride a bit rough. You can pair them with Bilsteins, but you'll need to do 5100s in the rear to get full travel. I'd recommend just going with OME shocks/struts if you can since they've been designed specifically for a lifted application.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome to the club! The commander should work out great for your touring. Tons of space, especially when you fold down those back seats.
Yes, it will be great for touring. You'll be able to get around 14MPG when you lift it! haha

I'd do the OME HD springs and 5100s all around. That is what I did and it turned out exactly how I wanted it. Likely going to have to throw on some JBA control arms too, my ball joints don't look awesome at that angle...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay I have a couple questions...I’ve seen all the Lift/Tire size forums. After speaking with Kolak, he said I could get the ome HD kit and make 265/70/17’s work without the pinch weld or rubbing. I’m just curious if anyone had any luck with anything bigger than that tire?

Also, has anyone used the Steel Armadillo hood mount light kit?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts