Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member just looking for a little advice on fixing my Commander. Will make a post over in the repair section. :D

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
New member just looking for a little advice on fixing my Commander. Will make a post over in the repair section. :D
@Bob Test;

Welcome to the forum; You can't post anywhere but the new member section until you reach 5 posts, so, I'd suggest you post your issues right here, in this very thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair enough.

2007 Commander Hemi.

Just replaced blown front driveshaft. Front sway bar bushings. Front upper and lower ball joints and rear wheel bearings. And Lower Control Arm Rear Bushings.

Had a terrible vibration at 35 before repairs. Now I have a "on throttle" bad vibration at greater than 75mph only. Below that, smooth as silk.

Only thing I have found so far is there is 1/8" in/out play in the transfer case front output yoke. But no up down.

Just looking for suggestions on what people think I should look for.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hey Bob, I've said many times on this forum, I'm no mechanic but @Flex is far more knowledgeable on this subject than me and here is a thread he is currently posting in that is dealing with pretty much the same subject:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/5-general-commander-discussion/72297-rear-aluminum-replacement-driveshaft.html

I'd say PM him and see if he can point out some things to look at. Once you hit 5 posts, you can post directly in that thread if you like.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey bud, welcome to this forum. Lot's of good people here.

Did you just buy it or have you owned it since new?

A highway speed vibration is most likely the rear driveshaft. A tire imbalance is usually constant but can peak at a certain speed. You can also check motor and transmission mounts for damage. Does the engine run smooth?

If you can safely place it up on jack stands, you can have someone put it in gear while you watch the shaft for woble. I just did this for my own Commander. I set the front down on the subframe and had hydraulic jacks under the front control arms. The wobble in my rear shaft was huge.

I haven't noticed a huge vibration yet but the rear u joint on my shaft is definitely bad. I am working on making it serviceable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts