Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has installed HID fog lamps ? If so how they like them , would they recommend them ? what brand are they and so on ? I am thinking if doing this and was wondering if i can get some input from the guys that have done this already , thank's in advance for any help Steve.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has installed HID fog lamps ? If so how they like them , would they recommend them ? what brand are they and so on ? I am thinking if doing this and was wondering if i can get some input from the guys that have done this already , thank's in advance for any help Steve.
I'm wondering the same thing wingslevel. I've upgraded LED's in the rear (all bulbs) and I've done the hi/low beams up front in 7K Nokya bulbs, just have the front turns and fogs to do now and I've been looking at LED kits for the fogs (9145) and I'm just not sure that they would be as bright as a standard Sylvania bulb. Hope we get some thread activity on this too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have done the fogs with a 8k hid kit regular sized ballasts ( there is plenty of room to mount them in the bumper) only thing is make sure you seal the connectors with plastic or tape because a lot of water and dust will get up there and corrode it quickly as I found out on my first set. But its worth it they look awesome.

·
Banned
389 Posts
I have done the fogs with a 8k hid kit regular sized ballasts ( there is plenty of room to mount them in the bumper) only thing is make sure you seal the connectors with plastic or tape because a lot of water and dust will get up there and corrode it quickly as I found out on my first set. But its worth it they look awesome.
If you bought the set online could you please post a link to it. If not, please at least let me know what brand you bought/where/how much. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am wondering the same guys. I would love to upgrade my stock fogs to something more extreme. Any ideas out there? I measured the opening and have about 6 inches at the very front of the opening.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pics. Or it didn't happen!! I just order a premium ballast 6000k kit for my fog lights. Wish me luck.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have hid lights in my commander and my girlfriends. her commander also has them in the fog lights. i have never had a problem with any of the lights

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've got 6k's in my Lows and Fog lights. Got both kits at DDM Tuning and they've worked great for over a year and would highly recommend.

I'd also recommend ordering an HID Relay kit to directly hook the kit up to the battery.

HID Kits ordered Here:
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/HID-Kits-Lighting/HID-Kits

Hope this helps!
JeepKid

·
Registered
38 Posts
how blinding are all of ur jeeps in here to oncoming traffic? i want to do hids but a projector fog housing and 09-10 oem headlight projectors would really look great

·
Registered
532 Posts
but i have to remove the front fascia or bumper to install it?
thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
has anyone installed hid fogs when their commander did NOT come with stock fog lamps? my commander has block offs but i can easily pull them out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts