Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice from anyone who can help. I wanted to put hids in my 2006 jeep commmander and my buddy told me that i cant put them in my jeep because they blow up the bulbs. Can anyone verify this? Has anyone put hids in they jeep? thanks for the help, jon

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
You can install HID's. I haven't personally done it but many members have with no problems if done right

·
Registered
862 Posts
I tried the headlights, and HID's just glare too much. There's also a flickering and not-shutting-down problem, but now, you can buy "CANBUS" versions of ballasts that correct that problem.

The HID arc bulbs aren't shielded, and are much longer than OEM bulbs, throwing off aim and beam pattern, etc. They work great as far as lighting up the road, but everyone will be flicking their brights at you. (Right up until you get pulled over and ticketed)

But, and however...

Do what I did: convert your fog lights to HID. It's easy, and you can get a 9145 bulb kit from eBay for about $30. The fog reflectors have a nice cutoff, and when they're aimed to about 50 to 60 feet out, everything pops out, even road signs, yet nobody is bothered because the glare isn't there like they are from the headlights. I've been using HID fogs for about two years now, with no problems.

I bought a Chrysler 300, and just did it's fog lights, with the same results. Driving at night is a lot less annoying now, with both the Jeep and 300.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have 8000k VVME hid lights in my 06 jeep. I've never had a problem with them, they work great. I also purchased the relay to run them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts