Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had HID Xenon lights on my old car. Now I'm looking on Ebay at these HID full kits with plug and play for $35 shipped. Has anybody these on their car? I know the whitest color that you can get on these is between 4-5000K. I'm thinking about 4300K
Kristian:ugh2:

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm running a pair of DDM 35W 6K HID's on a relay; love them. Great color (light white-blue, not ostentatious blue) and perfect amount of light output (again, good path, but without blinding everyone else on the road). Only problem is that I feel blind in my other car, with Silverstar Ultras.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I'm running a pair of DDM 35W 6K HID's on a relay; love them. Great color (light white-blue, not ostentatious blue) and perfect amount of light output (again, good path, but without blinding everyone else on the road). Only problem is that I feel blind in my other car, with Silverstar Ultras.
Are these a bulb that replaces what is already there, or are these a module that you have to drill a hole for? I see these HID's on ebay - they look like a cylinder, but I can't figure out how they install. My wife's 2006 Hyundai Tiburon has HID's, but they look like the ones on the 2009/10 Commanders. I feel like such a dumb a**! :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
123 Posts
heres a pic from hid bulbs from ddm.the clear plastic pill bottle is only for shipping you need to remove.it fits right into the socket with no problems.simply unplug the bulb on the truck,turn to unlock,remove,check orientation of the bulb theres 2 big tab and a smaller one.place the new hid bulb in same orientation,put it in the socket,while pussing in,turn it to lock.then the rest is the ballast install and relay harness and thats it!

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am working on my 4th kit. Got one from the local parts store and it didn't work, got another one locally that worked but blew bulbs every 8 monthe or so. Ordered one off ebay with good ratings for $150 and it had some weird issues so sent it back. Just installed the Notto SE from carID and it seems to be the best so far. $100 with digital ballasts, and wiring harness..great service and no complaints. Parts seem high quality...just know that the Commander has reverse polarity so all (so far) kits have to have the plug that the headlight wire plugs into flipped around..other than that, I can't go back to Halogen...had to put HID's into my wife's car for the odd time I drive it

·
Registered
226 Posts
just know that the Commander has reverse polarity so all (so far) kits have to have the plug that the headlight wire plugs into flipped around..other than that, I can't go back to Halogen...had to put HID's into my wife's car for the odd time I drive it
So I take it you arent using a upgraded relay harness? Because if you were only one headlight plug gets plugged in and there is no way to plug it in incorrectly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts