Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a way to improve the lighting for on and off-road use. Right now I have Phillips Silverstar Ultras in the low beams and they do a pretty good job, but I want more light. I'm considering either an HID retrofit into the headlight housing or just supplementing the headlights with an LED light bar on the bumper. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard about HIR's before but have never found them for sale. Thanks for the info and the link!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I've heard about HIR's before but have never found them for sale. Thanks for the info and the link!
I heavily considered a retrofit, would still love to do it mind you, but I can't convince myself to spend the money @ the moment considering how well these work and how easy the install is.

Make sure that your headlight lenses are clean and not yellowed/faded as well. Restoring them to factory perfection can go a long way to improve your lighting.

They are now simply called 9011 and 9012's and do not look like the original toshiba HIR's, they really appear to be a standard bulb. Philips is the only current manufacturer. These new ones actually outperform the original Toshiba "HIR's"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts