Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering where I can get the correct o-rings for the high pressure line fittings? After replacing the radiator and removing the high pressure lines for the cooling fan, the repair manual says the o-rings located on the fittings must be replaced. Is this necessary? Can I go to the hardware store and match up a replacement or will the ps fluid eat away at them? Thanks for any assistance in advance.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
This is for the PS high pressure line going to the Hydraulically Driven fan in the HEMI? Only the HEMI has this fan, so many others might assume you're talking about something else.

I would re-use the old O-rings if they look in good shape before I got some generic almost right sized O-rings from the hardware store. You should be able to get the O-rings from the Dealer, but granted I did NOT look to see if they are offered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mongo. You are correct, it is for the hemi engine. I called the dealer and they cannot find the part listed separately. Wondering if the rings only come with a new PS line. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts