Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
do you have it bolted to that plastic tray? i hope you don't get in a wreck if you do. that sucker will rip your head off.

it fits nice there. i would just run some all thread from below and drill a few holes through the plastic for something more sturdy.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I'm just going to secure mine to the roof rack once I find some good fasteners.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Good find, I wonder if it would world on my Surco Rack.

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts

2 "u" clamp with wingnuts will keep it held to the roof rack for less than 5 bucks. I agree that you should take it with on your trip if you have it, even if you think you wont need it. We ended up using ours on out camper this past summer when we had to unexpectedly level it on extremely steep ground. it works well on campers. BUT like GETLOST said...if you had an accident, you may be safe inside the XK with the airbags, but they wouldnt keep that jack from crushing you and your passengers...ALSO, Im quiet sure those straps you are using would not hold it in place in such a situation....just food for thought...i have been on the scene of many accidents.....if the crash doesnt get you -- the cargo usually does.

·
Registered
807 Posts
So where are the lifting points on a Commander that would even allow you to use a Hi-Lift jack?

Or the hitch, or tow loops, or if you have a GETLOST bumper, i would assume it would hold the vehicle weight (but that would have to be commented on by him.......and Hopefully the GETLOST rock slider rails would be strong enought to us a jack on.....
I have actually lift the side of the XK with no rails or sliders....just have to put somthing between the jack and the doors to protect it being in so close.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
I jacked mine up using the super sliders last week when I changed my tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts