Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what it is about my Jeep, but I got the 3rd hit and run/vandalism done to it in just 2 months. They all happened on the capitol hill neighborhood of Seattle. The first time it happened was in a parking garage. It looks like someone took their key and scratched it back and forth. Then literally a week later something with some kind a rubber put a small dent and mark in the same place as the keying. Then about a month later someone backed into my bumper.

I have a little '89 corolla I use as my commuter car. When I lived in the capitol neighborhood, I always parked it on the street and never once have anything happen to it. I'm so pissed!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
That really sucks. I hate when people do that. Are you making an insurance claim?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I hate it when that happens, my wife's P.T. Loser has a few dents donated by other careless parking lot drivers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i bet that it is one of the ELF terrorist hippies that tried to burn down the hummer dealer. now they are targeting jeeps!! all joking aside, that sucks!! you said that the keying happend in a parking garage, i would contact the owner and ask to see the security camera footage. also file a report, there may be a habitual keyer on the loose.
EOD OUT!!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Get some steel bumpers, that'll take care of the bumper issue!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Another mod I would like to see is an external tazer alarm! Did you use a heat gun to soften the rear cover? It helps, just watch you distance so the paint doesn't burn.-43

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
It may be someone who likes to vandalize "gas guzzling SUVs". There was one of those caught on tape shows that shows an older man scratching the heck out of a Hummer. Some people have no respect for others property.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts