Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ey guys i'm looking to sell my tire carrier that i have recently purchased and posted on the site, i personally LOVE it but my wife hates it and says its too much of a pain in the ass for her to get into the tailgate the odd time she uses the jeep. I'm looking to get $150 for it, i paid over 350 for it with the shipping and duty and taxes. Its hitch mounted with a wedge lock so there is NO rattle. it works with bolt patterns 5x4.5 and 5x5. Here are the pics again, the last pic is one from from the guy who made it, it doesnt have the stickers on it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MI meaning Michigan? sorry i'm canadian and dont know all the states short forms, but if that what you mean then sorta but not really im about 3-4hrs from there. its not that heavy and can be broken to ship

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone? everyone on here always seems to want a tire carrier well HERE ONE IS and no one is interested??? i'm willing to ship this to the usa for $250 that included the tire carrier and shipping through the POST OFFICE so there are minimal extra charges if any at all.:woowoo:

·
Super Moderator
14,951 Posts
Do you lose the use of the hitch with this tire carrier ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you lose the ability to use the hitch unless you purchase a dual hitch adapter

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any takers at 200 shipped?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Burlington but I'm in t.o. Everyday doing deliveries, I'm actually here now has I'm typing this!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It can't be opened the way it is now but that's because I have it adjusted so its as tight to the back as possible, it can be adjusted so the glass DOES open

·
Registered
81 Posts
Really? Where is the adjustment made - at the top where the tire mounts? Or can the bottom portion that fits into the hitch be adjusted back?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess both, you can see in the last pic how the top adjusts and the bottom could be slid out up to an inch you would just need to drill a new hole for the hitch pin. It uses the wedge to stop the rattle and there is also the hole so yoy can use a locking hitch pin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts