Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
389 Posts
I just got one of these and wasn't expecting it being more than just a hitch plug with a reflector. I knew it was advertised as a brake light and am pleasantly surprised to see that it actually is a nice bright light. Since I don't tow anything, and like to keep things nice and tidy I bought this to cover the opening, for a low price I got a nice looking device that gives me a 4th brake light too. Figured anyone who liked this idea, and a little added safety could check this link out. Less than $13 shipped off ebay.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nice - Too bad it does not have a light that outlines "Jeep" instead of just a generic light.

edit : Just noticed you are a fellow Ohioan! Have you hooked up with Cico yet? He is from your neck of the woods... We are getting together for a beer next weekend near Alum Creek if you are interested.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice - Too bad it does not have a light that outlines "Jeep" instead of just a generic light.

edit : Just noticed you are a fellow Ohioan! Have you hooked up with Cico yet? He is from your neck of the woods... We are getting together for a beer next weekend near Alum Creek if you are interested.
I've been thinking about buying the Eagle Eyes rear LED lenses for my XK. They have clear and smoke. I've used VHT Night Shades on other things (including my XJ, see my photos posted here, a pic of my Cherokee is in there too)...If I chose to go the smoked out look on my front amber and rear lights I could easily cut out a Jeep logo and stick it to the lens then remove it once the VHT drys....voila, Jeep logo bright red when lit. I've seen a couple guys do this in the past one other applications but never did it on my own. I used to actually do some part time body work, from home, and I've done dozens of lens tints in the past. I also clear coat mine, and run a buffer over it...looks like black glass when I get done. I just haven't had my XK long enough, nor has it been warm enough outside to have pulled the trigger on doing this tint mod. to my XK yet. Probably will sometime this summer. As far as a beer....well I don't drink, but I'd be glad to rip down to Alum Creek and check you dudes out. I'm only about 25 to 30 mi. away. :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts