1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think I'll let the Chevy and Dodge truck guys corner the market on the peel and stick scoops.:rofl:

I'm already worried about hydro-locking my engine, a scoop is just an easier way to get water where I don't want it.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
What are you guys talking about! That scoop is awesome. I think I'll grow back my mullet and a dig out my Lynard Skynard concert t-shirt.

·
Registered
887 Posts
What are you guys talking about! That scoop is awesome. I think I'll grow back my mullet and a dig out my Lynard Skynard concert t-shirt.
Tymac tell the truth...

You had that t-shirt on the last time I saw you... And that was this past Saturday!

·
Registered
422 Posts
actually I was thinking of modifying mine again to a rear slotted vent similar to older cjs with the vent near the windshield and have a shallow box for water collection and a "popcorn style" filterbox right at the throttle body...not sure if there is enough space though...

An after thought to my jet engine sounding intake i have on there now.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't put it on either just for the hell of it----I just thought if it was actually functional (true ram-air with CAI) it would be cool.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That hood scoop is ridiculous. We drive a jeep, not a rice burner! So no ones feelings get hurt, remember that just my .02

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I would like to see it color matched before I really cast it out. My first opinion is it looks like a pimple on the jeeps nose. Maybe turned the scoop around, Heat reduction hood?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Tymac tell the truth...

You had that t-shirt on the last time I saw you... And that was this past Saturday!
I don't think this is the appropriate place to air one's laundry so to speak. Besides, it was a Fog Hat tee.

Danny, Thanks for the laughs today and being a good sport. I was really having a stressed day before this. Jay

·
Registered
422 Posts
well I was definately not talking about that scoop from the other thread...but similar to what phunky was thinkg ing before the full snorkle like an induction by the windshield...nothing to pop out of the hood...but more like the vents on the older wranglers.

·
2,248 Posts
Danny,

I think that you should get about 8 of them. Two for the hood, one on each door, and one on each of the front fenders to cool the disc brakes. That might even make the aerodynamics of our flying bricks even worse...LOL Thanks for the laugh.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It does my heart good to see that I could make so many people smile.....

sons a bi---- , haha!:stickpoke: ;)

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Put your glasses on and look again.:stickpoke:
I used to have soooo much respect for you, but now
I'm beside myself. Are you under the weather?:sick:
Hey guys, I think it's cool lol, wouldn't put it on mine though. You know you still respect me TY!!!! haha. Actually I am under the weather...at home sick, not at work today....feeling better though! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts