Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed my hood has a slight vibration at highway speeds. I checked it out and it appears that the way it's currently adjusted air can get in under the hood out toward each side (gaps are fairly large). Has anyone else noticed any similar issues? I've got 2200 miles, so I'll have the dealer check it out at 3k during my 1st oil change...hopefully just a hinge adjustment or something.

·
Registered
195 Posts
7500+ miles, including a 3000 mile trip to AZ and not noticed. Try pushing down on the front corners of the closed hood. If there seems to be excessive "play", you can take that out by raising the knobs underneath, abt 9" back from the front.

·
Registered
45 Posts
TPS said:
I recently noticed my hood has a slight vibration at highway speeds. I checked it out and it appears that the way it's currently adjusted air can get in under the hood out toward each side (gaps are fairly large). Has anyone else noticed any similar issues? I've got 2200 miles, so I'll have the dealer check it out at 3k during my 1st oil change...hopefully just a hinge adjustment or something.
I went on a trip this weekend and noticed my hood shaking too. I was in strong winds for the entire trip, so I was going to watch it the next time that I was on the highway to see if it still did it. If it does, then I bet that the rubber stops at the front need a little adjustment.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After noticing the vibration I looked and noticed the fairly large panel gap between the grill and hood, so I adjusted the bumpers down, but realized the latch keeps the front of the hood from being adjusted any lower. I can adjust the bumpers higher and probably reduce some vibration, but the gap is huge and appears to allow a lot of airflow under the hood.

That being said, I'm completely happy with this vehicle and realize this is all minor stuff - just fishing for ideas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What about a wind deflector? Mopar has a pretty cool looking chrome wind deflector which mounts just above the grille and directs the airflow up and over the hood. It's intended to deflect bugs and gravel off the windshield by keeping the airflow up over the windshield. Might be worth a try. Just a thought:)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dush,
I believe the air deflector mounts to the hood, so I'm not sure it would help with this problem, but I plan on getting one anyway to avoid cleaning the windshield every day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts