Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excitedly got my programmer after waiting all week for it to get here in the mail, finally got it and had to go online to get it unlocked, which I knew I'd have to do ahead of time. Well for whatever reason their website wouldn't process my credit card so I was unable to order the unlock.

I call them a little before 4 PM EST and they are unable to help me. They basically say their credit card people left and they can't help me or take my order over the phone, or if they do it won't make a difference because the people that do the credit card processing are gone.

That really irritates me, if you are going to say you are open 8-5 M-F EST then you need to be open. If I as a customer can't buy your product or service then you might as well be closed. You shouldn't be partially open or whatever, you should be able to do everything you would normally be able to do regardless of if it's 8 AM or 4PM.

To make matters worse the people I spoke with were rude and didn't seem to care at all that I'd have to wait over the weekend (the best time to test something like this out for me).

I wasn't sure if I should have bought it in the first place, now I'll seriously consider just passing it on for what I paid for it rather than deal with this horrible customer service again.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a SuperChip, but they say that the program is not yet finished for a 2010, but close. I did not know that after you received the programmer that you had to go online to activate it, much less use your credit card again. I would have waited for the weekend also, like allot of us do. Thanks for the info..

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Briandl purchased a used one and had to get it unlocked since the previous owner was unable to do that, you do not have to do this when you purchase it new.

You do go on line to down load any updates and activate your account but you do not need a credit card to do that if you purchase a new unit and do not have to have it unlocked.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Thanks for the clarification ! Thats what I was originally expecting for a new purchase. Looks like good info for a used buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts