Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry not for my Commander but on another project. I used channel locks and got the job done but would like to get the right tool to add to my collection. Trying to get a hose clamp off and I know they make a pair of hose clamp pliers to do it easily so I went searching for the right tool. Found sets of 9 pliers to do many types of clamps but still couldn't pick out which one I need. Here is a picture of the hose clamp - spring wire clamp.
I was going to go to an auto store or big box store and try some out but all say not in stock. I know many of you are very good with tools and someone will know.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Personally, I get rid of that style and replace them with the current worm gear type. That style looses tension over time. Unless your trying to be period correct on a classic car, I'd get rid of them.

Here is one brand of the tool your looking for. https://www.amazon.com/OTC-4502-Hose-Clamp-Pliers/dp/B000I1KJT8

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
Thanks I think I'll get them. Yes I would use the screw clamps but it is in a position that makes it impossible to get a screwdriver even close. Inside a washing machine. The second pliers might be handy for the hose clamps on the Hemi that uses the flat style clamps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The worm gear clamp is also a 1/4 or 5/16 head, depending on size. Wrench, socket or stubby screw/nut driver are possible ways to tighten it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
This thread has been moved to the Off Topic Forum. Please be sure to make your posts in the proper forum. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts