Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've had my 2006 Commander for 3 months now, it has 97k miles but runs great. EXCEPT last night I was on the highway and for the first 10 miles the hottest almost unbearable heat was coming into the cabin, even with the vents closed and the thermostat set to cold. I had to put the windows down, my legs were on fire. Then suddenly it stopped and everything was back to normal. Any ideas? Thank you so much for any ideas you can provide before I take it to the dealer. :freak2:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't know much about HVAC systems, but if I were to guess it has to do with the blend doors either being stuck or the actuator going bad. WJ Grand Cherokees had problems with this. I don't know what the diagnosis/repair procedures are, but I'm sure if you do some searching the info is out there.

My rig has done similar things to me once in a while when changing from cold to warm, or from defrost to other output. If I turn the blower control up a notch or two, that helps it switch over to what it should be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts