Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Looks like it's running a set of 295/70R17s, it says so in he ad. Given that, it's probably a 3-4" lift. I don't see a dropped front differential, so it's most likely not a Superlift, but some sort of modified 2" lift.

A modified 2" lift will wear hard on front suspension components, and unless it's got upgraded UCAs I don't think it'd even align properly. In addition, running that tire size on stock rims means it has to have at least a 1.5" spacer, putting even more wear on components.

I'd also bet those tires rub pretty badly at full lock. 295s are far too wide for that setup, especially on the passenger side, unless the rear HVAC system has been disconnected.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Hello,

If this is the one on Ebay, I asked them and they said that it is a 2" lift with 33" tires.
It looks higher than that to me.
You can't run 33" tires on a 2 " lift without doing some cutting on the body.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
How much cutting is needed to run 33" tires with a 2" lift?
@JDFenn2017 ;

That question really can't be answered properly, without knowing the size, offset and back-spacing of the rims you'll be using, as well as the exact tire size.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have the Old Man Emu medium duty springs on mine with Rancho RS5000 shocks and struts. They are supposed to be a 2" lift over stock and I am running newer Cherokee rims and 245/70/17 (30.5") tires on it. Those tires look awfully close compared to mine.

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am thinking of adding those to my ARB spring and Ranchos next year. Did anyone use an aftermarket upper control arm to compensate for the angle on the ball joint?

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't look for them until after I installed the new lift springs in and noticed that the ball joint angle had changed substantially. On the bright side, the strut would have to come out to add the lift blocks.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the the jba UCAs. No clattering and ball joint lasts much longer and is replaceable/repairable. You do not have to touch the strut when installing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts