Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just not sure. The dealer never mentioned anything about it but I would love to think that my jeep has a factory remote starter installed already. Just not sure how to go about figuring it out. Any insight would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is exactly what my key looks like:

Has the x2 on the car icon as well... Still not sure if I have remote start or not. How can I tell for sure?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 2x on the car button is to open your lift gate glass remotely. The reason I k ow is I have hit it by accident before, got in the Jeep, and started backing out of my driveway before noticing it was open.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2x on the car button is to open your lift gate glass remotely. The reason I k ow is I have hit it by accident before, got in the Jeep, and started backing out of my driveway before noticing it was open.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Look at the post directly above mine. It has two images. One of them has the 2x icon. My key has the 2x icon. This is why Im questioning whether or not I have remote start or not...

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Look at the post directly above mine. It has two images. One of them has the 2x icon. My key has the 2x icon. This is why Im questioning whether or not I have remote start or not...
Look again at the fobs in post #2. The first one has two buttons with 2X on them. One is for the liftgate and the other is for the remote start.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look again at the fobs in post #2. The first one has two buttons with 2X on them. One is for the liftgate and the other is for the remote start.
So what does it all mean? Judging by my key, or any other factor, do I have the remote start feature or not? How do I know either way?

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
So what does it all mean? Judging by my key, or any other factor, do I have the remote start feature or not? How do I know either way?
On the key of the picture you posted the 2X is for the liftgate.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would love to think that my Jeep has a factory remote starter, but it was easy for me to realize it didn't when I couldn't start it remotely. Pushing buttons on the remote doesn't work- I have to put the key in the ignition every time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts