Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How much do they charge to install RR lift for XK?

:SM030:I just purchased a RR 2.5" lift kit, I am contemplating of installing it myself or just go to a shop and have it installed.
Does anybody has an idea on how much do they charge to install this kit? I know that prices varies depending on where you live. I just want to get an idea if it is worth for me to do it myself or have it installed and just worry about the payment. Any input would be much appreciated.
Or if anybody has a step by step picture or video of the install it would be very helpful for a newbie like me. THANK YOU in advance.

·
2,248 Posts
Now I am going to sound like Jeep5253, If you click on the search box and type "Rocky Road Lift" then hit enter you will find 159 threads on the lift. Many describe in detail the steps fro installing the lift kit. I was going to cut and paste one for you but there are so many that I could not choose.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I paid $350 in Northern Virginia.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I installed myself but got estimates for up to $600 for the RR installation alone. I also asked about Old Man Emu and they quoted me $800. This was in SE PA and Northern Delaware.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Hey there Drako,

If you decide to install yourself, let me know. I'll help. As you know I had someone do mine, but if you are game to do it, I'll help you.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I am going to sound like Jeep5253, If you click on the search box and type "Rocky Road Lift" then hit enter you will find 159 threads on the lift. Many describe in detail the steps fro installing the lift kit. I was going to cut and paste one for you but there are so many that I could not choose.
I have read all those thread multiple times already, but it is so hard to picture it in my mind on how to install it. I just want to get an idea also on the price range so that i will know what to say if the shop will quote a price for me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey there Drako,

If you decide to install yourself, let me know. I'll help. As you know I had someone do mine, but if you are game to do it, I'll help you.
Hi GP,
Thank you very much for the offer, I do appreciate it a lot... I will PM you if I will decide to do it myself. I am so excited to install the lift so that we can go offroading.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Install it yourself and use the savings for spacers!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had my done here in NE Oklahoma for $175 could not justify spending the time, skinned knuckles etc for that price :)
Wow! I hope i could find a shop that will only charge me that much or cheaper.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you were close i would pass the info to the shop to you; somehow I don't think the drive would be worth it :\
Too far...I wish it's closer. Tnx anyway!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts