Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my jeep from the dealership about a week ago and when they detailed/waxed it, the wax got onto ALLLLL the black plastic and looks like crap. It looks old and used. How do i make it look new and shinny? any help? Thanks in advance guys/girls :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Take it back and raise [email protected]#. At the very least they need to correct the mess. Use ICE and you can wax everything including the plastic. It will not leave a white powder and gives the plastic a good, safe coating of protection as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sgilbert said:
I've used toothpaste & an old brush to remove the residue.

What is ICE?

ICE is a new like liquid wax they have out now. it works wonders. Well i kinda wanna fix it my self, but i guess maybe i should take it to the dealer. so my options are only toothpaste and a brush? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
MeGuiars NXT is safe on those parts as well.

However, I think before you can do that your best course of action will be a toothbrush, and some soapy water (dawn dish soap and water) and then carefully brush those items. Careful next to the paint though, it'll strip the wax off that too. Personally I wouldn't keep waxing over it, it will make it harder to get off down the road when the white color comes back from their wax, and it will come back until you get it off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i agree to those who tells you to bring it back to the dealer. but if you think it's a waste of time try the alternatives given by them.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
sciron4x4 said:
Peanut butter works well, too.
That only works if you have a dog!!!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
sciron4x4 said:
Do you use bread to wipe it off?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sciron4x4 said:
Ha ha. No, just a rag. Must have something to do with the oils in it or something, but it works quite well.

Chunky or creamy? Thanks guys for all the tips, i have to pick some stuff up from the dealer anyways (extra keys, headphones) and ill mention it to them and see what they say.

·
Registered
172 Posts
sciron4x4 said:
I usually start with the Liquid Ice, and if it just doesn't do it....

no joke, the Peanut Butter comes out... just use a rag like the rest, and bathe it after

I've never thought about it. I would say creamy, for the simply fact that if you missed the plastic area, I guess the nuts in it 'could' possibly leave a little scratch behind.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wonder why the big manufacturers like Maguires, and Turtle Wax haven't marketed their own brand of peanut butter. They could just call it "BUDDER!" .... "Goes on Like Budduh!"

I can see the daytime info-mercial now...

Filmed in Black & White:
Agitated wife violently shakes knife back and forth in an obviously empty peanut butter jar, only to give up and dramatically throw the jar AND knife away in frusteration.

Transition to "Shazzam style" bright colors and overly-confident, almost retarded sounding spokesman for "Budder"---probably named Billy:
"Now YOU can own this industry secret for 6 low payments of $19.99!! Stop using that LOW Quality supermarket peanut butter, and start using the product that car detailers don't want you to know about! Budder is perfect for those hard to reach parts of the car, like windows, headlights, and mirrors! The Misses will love you and so will the neighbors! Get yours Today...
But Wait! There's more! Order now, and we'll send you a years supply of Jellee! The revolutionary new leather cleaner...comes in grape or strawberry flavor...Um I mean Scent...

End Scene with a brightly polished car driving off into the background, with products in foreground, and like 50 dogs running and barking behind it.

I should get my degree in marketing...Maybe not.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I used the ICE product for the first time on my Commander and was very impressed. You could do better, but it would take a lot longer and you would need a pro random orbit buffer. I used to spend the entire day detailing my 65 Dodge or my 92 SHO. Now I get 1 - 1 1/2 hours to wash, wax, and clean the interior - if I am lucky. Kid are a blessing but you certainly have to give up a bit of "obsessing".

·
Registered
42 Posts
robochick84 said:
I usually start with the Liquid Ice, and if it just doesn't do it....

no joke, the Peanut Butter comes out... just use a rag like the rest, and bathe it after

I've never thought about it. I would say creamy, for the simply fact that if you missed the plastic area, I guess the nuts in it 'could' possibly leave a little scratch behind.
I think you forget something. how about the bread? LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts